Wednesday 16 November 2011

How Did You Get There? (Update)


My journey to Uni is a very unexciting 10 minute walk in basically a straight line along Cowcaddens Road from my flat to the campus. So for this blog I decided to focus on one specific part of the journey, that being the cross roads near GCU. On an early 9am start this cross road is ridiculously busy with rush hour traffic and vehicles coming from every direction. I wanted to reflect this in my piece with the many text boxes overlapping to symbolise the "chaos" I experience on the walk into Uni. I chose a light blue as the background colour to represent the freshness of the morning air.

The original file I uploaded used the typeface Tahoma but this didn't communicate enough about the surroundings at the Cowcaddens Crossroads. Instead I chose to replace this with the typeface Georgia which I feel resembles the type used on street name signposts. This change ended up adding the desired character to the design that I was looking for, and actually made the design look busier which helps convey the concept a bit stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment